Saturday, April 24, 2010

Waldorf

We have really enjoyed the past 3 years living in Waldorf. First we thought we'd live on base, but the schools were horrific and I don't think homeschooling is for us. We also looked in VA and in Calvert County, but it just seemed like we could get more for our money here. Click here to see some statistics: http://www.city-data.com/zips/20603.html

It's a decent commute into DC. Due to traffic it's actually a lot quicker commute then down to the Woodbridge area. There are many public transportation possibilities along with car and van pools. Many employers actually even pay for it. My husband worked on Boiling AFB and he can use a van pool for free.

Our home is is a very convenient location. We are with in minutes of a large shopping mall and several strip malls that contain just about any store you can think of. I think every major chain has at least one restaurant here as well. I never have to drive more than a few miles when I need to run errands.